College dorm room/apartment inspiration and organization, you need to read this if you or your child is going to college!
One thing I never thought of until I started doing some research is to make a first aid kit that a college student can keep in their dorm or apartment. This one below was made using a fishing tackle box.Here are some things to put in the first aid kit:
· first-aid manual
· sterile gauze pads of different sizes
· adhesive tape
· adhesive bandages in several sizes
· elastic bandage
· a splint
· antiseptic wipes
· soap (antibacterial gel will work)
· antibiotic ointment
· antiseptic solution (like hydrogen peroxide)
· hydrocortisone cream (1%)
· acetaminophen and ibuprofen
· extra prescription medications
· sharp scissors
· safety pins
· disposable instant cold packs
· calamine lotion
· alcohol wipes or ethyl alcohol
· plastic non-latex gloves (at least 2 pairs)
· mini flashlight and extra batteries and also a mini magnifying glass because sometimes you can’t even see the splinter!
· mouthpiece for administering CPR (can be obtained from your local Red Cross or Milford Hospital will give you one)
Wish me luck over the next couple of weeks as we prepare to move our daughter into her very first apartment. And if you are the praying type, we can certainly use it. And especially my daughter. going to college for the first time can be very stressful. Everything is new and everything is changing. Not to mention that you need to study and keep your grades up. So we can certainly use all of the good thoughts and prayers we can get in the coming future.Update 9/2/14- You can see a tour of my daughter’s college apartment here.
Do you have champagne taste and a tiny budget like me? Love fashion, DIY, crafting, all things vintage and thrifty? Stick with me, I’ve got you covered!